“Sub Rang” means “all colors”, a word strong enough to define the mission of this organization.
Sub Rang Society is dedicated to advocating and fighting for the rights of Pakistan’s transgender community and other minority groups.
Transgender people are the most stigmatized and marginalized community in Pakistan and are frequently under attack and threatened with abuse, harassment, and torture. They often lack access to health services and are subject to higher rates of abuse, harassment, and even death.
The world may have progressed, but when it comes to transphobia, our society still has a long way to go.
The Sub Rang Society is dedicated to:
- Promoting equality and fighting discrimination based on age, race, religious beliefs, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and any combination of them.
- Developing support and understanding for human rights, inclusion, and awareness for gender and sexual minorities.
- Providing a supportive space and friendly environment where minority groups can feel a sense of belonging and community.
- Offering opportunities for advocacy, discussion, trainings, policy development, and projects for youth.
- Supporting volunteer and nonprofit organisations working in the areas of equality and human rights.